Saturday, 15 January 2011

Grace in unexpected places

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way. I learned a deep respect for one of Goethe’s couplets:

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!’"

- W.H. Murray

Copied this from somewhere else, but thought the bit about unexpected assistance. I am doing great with the weight loss, because my best friend Ellen picked now to have a mental breakdown. Not great for her,.... but with all the time sitting with her, and then in the emergency room and talking to her family and helping out with her kids, I have not had the time or focus to do my regular binge eating:)

This morning I am 180.

1 comment:

Anne Richards said...

Good on ya. Every pound counts. It's nice to know that some good is coming from the very sad situation with Ellen.