Monday, 22 September 2008

Simplified Goals

On holiday, I simplified my goals. Now I can look over the list in all of 30 seconds. It's on my iPhone and super cute. So here they are, with an update about how I'm doing.

Health & Beauty:
1. 10 stone weight
2. Fit & healthy body
3. Groomed & stylish appearance

Well, I'm making progress. I have lost 3 lbs through more walking (I'm taking the train to work) and not drinking. This is what I will be doing this month, through the 14th of October. I'm eating whatever I want, but trying to eat more fruit & veg. I also went to the gym on Sunday. I am meant to be going on Wednesday afternoons as well, but last week I didn't feel well enough. As for a groomed and stylish appearance. My nails are looking fabulous, a rich brown colour. I managed make-up 3 times last week. I have bought stunning boots for my Autumn wardrobe.


Home:
1. Maintain house inside & out
2. Keep home organized
3. Dynamize to completion

We were good this weekend. I organized all of our bathroom stuff. Sian put some pics on the walls, and secured the playpen firmly to the walls. It's a really cool little room full of toys now. We all like it in there, and Sian and I love that all of Foxy's stuff is contained (and him sometimes too). Still plenty of drawers etc to organize...

Family & friends
1. Keep in regular contact
2. Maintain a dating relationship
3. Send cards regularly
I have found a regular babysitter! She is going to come every Thursday. Yippee! I am still being my crap self about everything else.

Career:
1. Teach to a high standard
2. Maintain publication record
3. Get large ESRC grant funded
To be honest, I'm really not that bothered.

Finances:
1. Maintain budget
2. Retire by 65
3. Own a holiday home
When in France, we decided that Provence is definitely where we want our holiday home. No other progress made.

Hobbies:
1. Maintain a beautiful blog
2. Photograph well
3. Knit and sew
I have signed up for a knitting class the first Saturday of Nov, and I am going to try out a knitting group tomorrow evening! The blog is looking pretty cool with those Provence pics, I think.

1 comment:

Anne Richards said...

I really like the idea of simplifying the goals. I'm going to do that tomorrow.